Dzieje pomnika Stefana Łaszewskiego w Toruniu
Gawęcka, Barbara Maria
MetadataPokaż pełny rekord
The objective of the article is to present a history of a monument to Stefan Łaszewski. It was Stanislaw Wachowiak who put forward a proposal of constructing a commemorative plaque of the first Pomeranian voivode, which originally should had been affixed into a building of the voivodship office (nowadays Collegium Maius). Wachowiak’s initiative was also to build a monument on the voivode’s grave. The cost of the project was covered by the local governments of the Pomeranian voivodship. Finally, the sandstone plaque, made by Marcin Roiek, was put onto a stone plinth, which one could find next to the building of the voivodship office, at the junction of two streets: Waly Gen. Sikorskiego and Fosa Staromiejska. The 3rd of May 1925, the monument was unveiled. During the Second World War it was destroyed. Thanks to the Torun’s section of Kashubian-Pomeranian Association (Zrzeszenie Kaszubsko-Pomorskie) and Towarzystwo Milosnikow Torunia (the Torun Lovers Society), the monument was reconstructed and re-unveiled in 1997, during a ceremony of the National Independence Day. Both: the Council for the Protection of the Memory of Wars and Suffering and Sejmik Torunski, also made a considerable contribution to this investment.
- Artykuły naukowe